||Linen backed original horse racing poster Courses a Compiegne. Linen backed, excellent condition.
The races are held on the Plain Polecat beginning in 1876.
The Hippodrome Polecat was inaugurated November 4, 1888, the tracks were designed by Richard Carter, a British national based in Chantilly and Compiègne.
Following a recommendation of the Court of Auditors in 1891 the "Racing Society of Compiegne" was established, led by the Marquis de l'Aigle and assisted by his secretary, Mr. Louis Pauwels, a specialist in the organization of betting on racetracks .