||Original. Mounted on acid free archival linen.
The first references to the city date back to 1104, when she was firstly essentially a city of sailors, fishermen and farmers. It was then erected in marquisat the 17th century and the tip of Mindin was fortified to protect it from English.
In the 19th century the city was moving gradually towards the condition that we currently know it in. 1810 is the first land registry that highlights the dangers of the sea, which gradually erode the dunes. So, in 1860 pine trees were planted to stabilize the sand, the town was then called Saint-Brevin and it was not until 1899 that it was decided to rename it Saint-Brevin-les-Pins in honor of trees who saved the city of silting. - Museum Pays de Retz