||Linen backed S. S. President Polk marine ship poster, horizontal format.
The President Polk was built in 1941 and used as a troop transport in the South Pacific during World War II. Litho. U.S.A.
THE SS PRESIDENT POLK, launched in 1941 was a 502 ft Class C-3 built for US Shipping Board. In 1943 she was renamed USS President Polk when she entered Navy service. In 1946 she reverted to SS President Polk, and was sold to Liberia in 1946.
This artwork is attributed to Harold Sterner.