||Original linen backed railway poster. Greatstone Dunes railway station was a station on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway in Kent, England.
Opened on 24 May 1928, and bearing the attractive name 'Greatstone Dunes' this station served little obvious purpose, particularly as it was located only 1.3 miles south of the station at New Romney. However, there were extensive contemporary plans for the development of a new community named 'Greatstone-on-Sea' and it was with this possible future traffic in mind that the station was built, and heavily equipped. Some records imply that the station may have been erected at the specific request of the building company contracted to construct the local houses, although the evidence remains ambiguous. The station was equipped with two platforms, with waiting rooms on each, plus a ticket office, and a signal box. There was also a water tower.
The Greatstone Dunes station was located near to Dunes Road in Greatstone, with New Romney station a couple of miles to the north and Romney Sands stations about a mile to the south.